Good news!

About six months ago I suggested that that then Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould should “since she cannot, in good conscience, release all the documents Admiral Norman needs and since he has a right to a fair trial and will, likely, not receive one without those documents … [order] … that all charges against Vice Admiral Norman be dropped.” I also recommended that “The Justice Minister should say that she concludes that Mark Norman was wrongfully or, at least, very prematurely accused, and was, then, wrongfully dismissed from his post as Vice Chief of the Defence Staff and he cannot now receive a fair trial and must be presumed to have been wrongfully charged, too. She will, she should tell Canadians, therefore, offer a generous financial settlement to Admiral Norman ~ certainly several million dollars ~ to compensate him for the damage done to his reputation and to his future prospects.

Now I see, on the CBC News website, and in other media reports, that “Federal prosecutors are expected to abandon their criminal prosecution of the military’s plzbqx6kkzpsrj5f47ddzw6n7iformer second-in-command, Vice-Admiral Mark Norman, CBC News has confirmed … [and] … The Public Prosecution Service of Canada plans to withdraw the single breach of trust charge that was laid last year against the former vice chief of the defence staff, but has yet to confirm the reasons why, sources said late Tuesday … [but] … the Public Prosecution Service of Canada took the unusual step, Tuesday evening, of sending out a notice to the media advising them that they “may wish to attend” court on Wednesday at 10 a.m.

Watch this space, later today …

==========

Later in the day, after the charges were dropped, CBC News reported that “Vice-Admiral Mark Norman said today he’s pleased to be “exonerated of any wrongdoing” but is disappointed by the “alarming and protracted bias” in his breach-of-trust case … [adding that] …  he has no regrets about his conduct … [and saying] … “I am confident that at all times I acted with integrity, I acted ethically and I acted in the best interests of the Royal Canadian Navy, the Canadian Forces and, ultimately, the people of Canada” … [further, the report says that] … Norman said he is now looking forward to getting back to work, but is disappointed it took this long … [and he said that] … “The alarming and protracted bias of perceived guilt across the senior levels of government has been quite damaging and the emotional and financial impacts of the entire ordeal have taken a toll,” … [and, in a remark that may make Liberal political limbs quiver] … Norman said he has an “important story” to tell Canadians, which he will be sharing in the coming days.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s