In a post on social media, David Akin cites an ABACUS Data poll of 1,500 Canadians who self identify as Conservative and shows:
It seems to me that:
- Messers MacKay and Kenney represent the hopes of the left and (social) right wings of the party, respectively;
- M. Bernier represents the hopes of the fiscal right wing;
- Mr O’Leary is “desired” for his celebrity status, not as a potential leader;
- Mr Chong, Ms Raitt and Dr Leitch represent the hopes of those who want “change” ~ undefined though their hopes may be;
- Mr Clement is the candidate of those who want to see a return of Mike Harris’ policies from the 1990s; and
- Ms Ambrose and Ms Rempel need to be on that list, somewhere.